- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g rabbit joints
- black pepper
- plain flour, for dusting
- 10 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced lengthways
- large bunch of rosemary, broken in half
- 150 ml white wine
For the bruschetta:
- 8 slices ciabatta bread, or baguette
- 2 cloves garlic
1. Season the rabbit chunks with salt and pepper and coat with plain flour.
2. In a large heavy-based frying pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. When hot, add the floured rabbit chunks and seal well on all sides until golden-brown and quite crispy.
3. At this stage, reduce the heat to low, add the garlic and rosemary, cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes, turning the rabbit chunks from time to time.
4. After 30 minutes, increase the heat to high, remove the lid, add the white wine and allow to evaporate.
5. To make the bruschetta toast the bread. Rub with garlic and drizzle with some of the olive oil from the rabbit sauce.
6. Serve the rabbit with the bruschetta.
Rate This Recipe