- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3 eggs, separated
- 100 g caster sugar
- 250 g mascarpone
- 200 g savoiardi lady finger biscuits, or sponge fingers
- 200 ml espresso coffee, or 2 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 200ml hot water, left to cool
- 1 1/2 tbsp bitter cocoa powder
- berries and small sprigs of mint, to decorate
1. Whisk the yolks and sugar together in a large bowl. Add the mascarpone and continue whisking until the mixture becomes a very firm cream.
2. In another large bowl, whisk the egg whites until firm and gently fold into the mascarpone cream.
3. Dip the savoiardi biscuits in the coffee and turn them to soften the other side.
4. Take four cappuccino cups and put a layer of savoiardi in the bottom of each, breaking them into shorter pieces if necessary. Spoon some of the mascarpone mixture over the top, then repeat the layers two or three times to fill the cups.
5. To finish, dust with cocoa powder and decorate with berries and sprigs of mint.
Rate This Recipe