- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 24 hrs to refrigerate
- Effort: easy
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 red onions, diced
- 0.5 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1 green peppers, deseeded and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and diced
- 2 tsp muscovado sugar
- 30 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 600 ml tomato juice
- 30 ml sherry vinegar
- 15 ml tabasco
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 6 small sticks celery
1. Place the tomatoes, red onion, cucumber, green peppers, garlic and chilli into a large bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle in the brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce.
2. Pour in the tomato juice followed by the sherry vinegar and Tabasco. Mix everything together and refrigerate for 24 hours.
5. Blitz until really smooth and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Serve in shot glasses pushed into a bowl of crushed ice, with a little celery 'stirrer' in each glass (optional).
Rate This Recipe