- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
For the soup
- 500 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 large over-ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1baby fennel, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and quartered
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 2 quail's eggs
- 4 large sprigs chervil
- 8 chives
1. To make the soup, place all the ingredients in a liquidiser and blend until smooth. Thin the mixture with water if necessary to give a soupy consistency. Season to taste.
2. Pour the soup through a fine sieve into a large bowl and chill for at least 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, bring a small pan of water to the boil. Carefully lower the quail's eggs into it and cook for 1 minute only. Drain and cool the eggs in a bowl of ice-cold water. When almost ready to serve, peel and halve the eggs.
4. Divide the soup among serving bowls and garnish each one with half an egg, a sprig of chervil and 2 chives.
Rate This Recipe