- Serves: 4 as a starter
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hrs chilling time
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg ripe tomatoes, skinned
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 75 ml virgin olive oil
- 25 ml sherry vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Serrano ham, diced
- cucumber, diced
- hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1. Put the tomatoes and garlic into a food processor and blend. With the engine running, slowly drizzle the olive oil down the funnel.
2. Add vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
3. To serve: ladle the soup into 4 bowls, drizzle over a little olive oil and allow guests to add their own croutons, chopped ham, cucumber and eggs.
Rate This Recipe