- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g lean minced beef, steak meat
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 handfuls parsley, finely chopped
- 1 sprigs rosemary, leaves only, chopped
- 1 egg, yolk only
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 pinches dried dried red chilli flakes
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 Little Gem lettuce
- burger buns
1. For the burgers: mix all the ingredients together thoroughly in a mixing bowl.
2. Flatten out of the mixture onto a board until you have a 3cm thick layer. Cut out burger shapes with a biscuit cutter (or a hollowed out old tuna tin). You will probably get 2-4 burgers depending on the size of your cutter.
3. Cook the burgers for 3-5 minutes on each side for a medium burger on a griddle pan, a little longer if you prefer it more well done.
4. Remove some leaves from the gem lettuce. Place the burger in a bun with some gem lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes and thinly sliced pieces of red onion.
Rate This Recipe