- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr infusing
- Effort: medium
- 1 handful of fresh violet flowers, infused in a cup of boiling water for one hour, then strained
- 400 g mascarpone
- 200 g icing sugar
- 4 egg yolks, beaten until pale
- crystallised violets, and violet leaves to decorate
Tips and Suggestions
As there is an increased risk of salmonella poisoning with raw and lightly cooked eggs, care should be taken with vulnerable groups, such as pregnant women, very young children, the elderly or anyone whose immune system may have been compromised by serious illness.
1. Place the violet flowers in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to infuse for one hour. Strain the mixture, reserve the liquid and discard the flowers.
2. Mix the mascarpone, icing sugar and beaten egg yolks together thoroughly, and then whisk in the strained violet infusion.
3. When the mixture is smooth, gently stir in fresh violet flowers.
4. Pour into a plastic mould and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours. Serve garnished with crystallised violets and violet leaves.
Rate This Recipe