- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 eggs
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g butter
Tips and Suggestions
To make a frozen dessert, refrigerate the cake for 1 hour. Slice into 3 layers horizontally. Beat ice cream until softened. Spread the softened ice cream over the cake layers and stack them on top of each other. Drizzle the cake with a coffee or orange liqueur and freeze for 1 hour. Serve in slices with warmed cream laced with alcohol.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add in the sugar.
3. Using a hand-held whisk or electric beater, whisk the mixture until it triples in volume and becomes thick, white and fluffy.
4. Using a metal spoon, fold in the flour very carefully and then mix in the vanilla extract and melted butter.
5. Pour the mixture into a 20cm greased, lined cake tin.
6. Bake the cake for 30 minutes until risen, golden and set.
7. Remove the cake from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Rate This Recipe