- Serves: Makes 1 loaf
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 2 hrs rising, plus cooling
- Effort: medium
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 12 g salt
- 60 g sugar
- 40 g butter
- 25 g yeast
- 300 ml water
- 100 g sultanas
- 70 g pecan halves
- 70 g walnut halves
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. In a large bowl mix together the flour, salt, sugar, butter, yeast and the water until you get a smooth dough.
3. Place the dough on a floured board. Add the sultanas, pecans and walnuts to the dough and knead the dough for 5 minutes.
4. Place the dough back in the mixing bowl and leave to rise for 1 hour.
5. Next shape the dough into a number 2 shape. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment and leave it to rise for another hour.
6. Bake the loaf in the oven for 25 minutes until risen and set.
7. Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack and serve.
Rate This Recipe