- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus freezing
- Effort: easy
- 2 half-pint glass, chilled in the freezer for 1-2 hours
- 20 ml ginger liqueur, (such as Domaine de Canton)
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- 25 ml gin, (such as No. 3 or Tanqueray 10)
- 5 ml fresh lemon juice
- ice cubes, for shaking and serving
- 70 ml ale, chilled
- 6 pieces candied ginger, cut into thin matchsticks
For the thyme and honey popcorn
- 75 g popcorn
- 1-2 sprigs thyme, leaves stripped
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 40 g butter
- 35 g caster sugar
- 40 g honey
1. For the thyme and honey popcorn: put a large saucepan over a high heat and pour in a little oil. Add the popcorn and thyme leaves, put the lid on and shake and swirl the popcorn to coat it in the oil.
2. Let the popcorn pop, shaking the pan every now and again to stop it burning. Remove it from the heat after a few minutes or once the popping has stopped. Season with a pinch of sea salt.
3. In a smaller saucepan, combine the butter, sugar and honey and stir over a medium heat until the butter is melted and the sugar dissolved.
4. Drizzle this mixture all over the popcorn, replace the lid on the larger saucepan and shake until the popcorn is coated in the sweet butter. Transfer to a serving bowl.
6. Strain equally into your frozen glasses, add fresh ice and top with chilled ale.
7. Garnish each glass with candied ginger and add a straw.
8. Serve the drinks with the thyme and honey popcorn.
Rate This Recipe