- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes plus freezing time
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 ml water, plus another 2 tbsp
- 135 g caster sugar
- 750 g kea plums, or damsons
- 2 tbsp gin
- 2 tbsp blackcurrant liqueur, eg. crème de cassis
1. Make a sugar syrup by heating the water and sugar together gently until the sugar has melted. Boil for 4 minutes and leave to cool.
2. Put the plums in a saucepan whole with 2 tablespoons of water and cook until the fruit is completely soft.
3. Push through a sieve to purée the fruit and discard the stones.
4. Mix the fruit with the sugar syrup, gin and blackcurrant liqueur and leave to cool completely.
5. Churn in an ice cream machine according to the instructions. Alternatively, put the mixture in a shallow metal container in the freezer and beat the mixture 3 times during the freezing process to break up the crystals.
Rate This Recipe