- Serves: Makes 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus chilling
- Effort: medium
For the cheesecake
- 1 ready made ginger loaf cake
- 300 g full fat cream cheese
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 200 ml double cream, plus extra for the sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 vanilla pod, seeds scraped
- 1 x 397g tin dulce de leche
For the caramelised bananas:
- 50 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 bananas
Tips and Suggestions
Metal chef's rings are available in good cookware stores
1. For the cheesecake: Preheat the oven to 100C/80C fan/gas ¼. Slice the ginger cake thinly and place onto a baking sheet to dry out the cake completely in the oven. This will take 1-2 hours. Cool and blitz in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs.
2. Whisk together the cream cheese, crème fraîche, double cream, 1 tablespoon sugar and the seeds from the vanilla pod.
3. Swirl half the dulce de leche into the cheesecake mixture.
4. Sprinkle the base of 4 chef's rings, 8cm wide, with the blitzed ginger cake. Fill them with the cheesecake mixture, smooth off the top then add more of the blitzed ginger cake and place in the fridge.
5. Put the cheesecakes onto plates and warm the edge of the chef's rings with either a blow torch or a hot cloth to loosen them and then lift off to reveal the mini cheesecakes.
6. For the caramelised bananas: Melt the butter and sugar to a caramel. Halve the bananas and cook for 1 minute in the caramel. Turn the heat off and add a good splash of double cream to create a sauce.
7. Place the caramelised bananas and sauce around the cheesecake and serve.
Rate This Recipe