- Serves: 20
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 100 g caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp extra for sprinkling
- 125 g Kerrygold honey spread
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Kerrygold butter, for greasing
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350°f/Gas mark 4. Grease a large baking tray with Kerrygold butter. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices into a large bowl, add the 100g sugar and mix well. Add the Kerrygold Honey Spread and, using your fingertips, rub it into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Then use your hands to mould the mixture into a dough.
2. Sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of caster sugar over a plate. Using floured hands, roll the dough into small balls, then roll in the caster sugar and place on the greased baking tray about 5cm (2in) apart.
3. Flatten down with the back of a damp fork and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until they are medium brown. If the cookies are too dark, they will taste bitter. Leave on the baking tray for 2 minutes before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool.
For more information on the Kerrygold recipes please visit Facebook.com/KerrygoldUK
Rate This Recipe