- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 ml double cream
- 200 ml milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 limes, grated zest only
- 4 preserved stem ginger, cookies, roughly broken up into chunks
For the mango salsa:
- 1 mango, ripe, diced
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and diced
- 5 passion fruit, scooped out
1. Preheat the oven to 220ºC/gas 7.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the cream, milk, eggs, sugar, lime zest and cookie chunks.
3. Pour into 4 large ramekins or teacups and place in a deep baking tray. Pour in hot water around the ramekins. Bake the ramekins in their bain-marie in the oven for around 25 minutes or until the custards are just set.
4. Meanwhile, to make the mango salsa, simply mix the mango, kiwi and passion fruit together and chill until required.
5. Serve each baked custard topped with a spoonful of the mango salsa.
Rate This Recipe