- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 175 g butter
- 175 g dark brown sugar, preferably muscovado
- 200 g black treacle
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 1.25 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 300 g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Line the sides of 30 x 20 x 5cm baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Heat the butter, sugar, treacle and spices together in a large saucepan until the sugar has completely dissolved.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and beat in the eggs, milk and the bicarbonate of soda.
4. Stir in the flour and mix until smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tray and bake for 40-45 minutes. Leave to cool slightly in the tin.
6. Cut the brownies into generous squares and dust lightly with icing sugar before serving.
Rate This Recipe