- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- ½ cm knob fresh ginger, finely sliced
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4 drops of vanilla extract
- 100 ml hot water
- 10 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp clear honey
- 30 ml dark rum
- 20 ml mandarin liqueur
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
1. Place the ginger and cinnamon stick in a muslin cloth and tie to make a small spice bag.
2. Add vanilla extract to the water in a saucepan and place the spice bag in the water. Leave the mixture to infuse over a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
3. Mix the butter, honey, dark rum and mandarin liqueur in a heatproof glass.
4. Pour the infused water from the pan into the glass until full to the top.
5. Stir the mixture with the cinnamon stick, sprinkle with the nutmeg and serve without removing the cinnamon stick.
6. Always serve this drink HOT not warm.
Rate This Recipe