- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 3-5 hrs setting
- Effort: easy
- 25 g Jamaican ginger cakes, cubed
- 50 g canned segments tangerines, drained
- 80 g caster sugar
- 50 ml whisky, preferably Monkey Shoulder
- 10 ml orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 6 g powdered gelatine, half of 1 sachet
- 50 ml whipped cream
- strawberries and chocolate shavings, to decorate
1. Mix the cubed ginger cake with the tangerine slices and press into the bottom of a large martini glass or ice cream coupe and set aside.
2. Bring 150ml water to a simmer and dissolve the sugar in it, stirring. Remove from the heat and add the whisky and orange liqueur.
3. Quickly stir in the gelatine until it is completely dissolved, then pour over the cake and fruit in the serving glass. Chill for 3-5 hours, until the jelly is set.
4. Top with the whipped cream then decorate with strawberries and chocolate shavings and serve.
Rate This Recipe