- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hour chilling
- Effort: easy
- 250 g ginger nut biscuits
- 125 g butter, melted
- 400 ml condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml freshly squeezed key lime juice, (approximately 6-10 limes), plus zest of 2 limes
- 1 lemon, juice only
- whipped cream, to serve
- slices of key limes, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas mark 4.
2. Place the biscuits into a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Transfer to a mixing bowl, add the melted butter and mix until well combined. Spoon into a 23cm/9in square tin and press down into an even layer.
3. Mix the condensed milk and eggs together in a bowl with a fork, then gradually add the lime and lemon juice, mixing continually until the mixture begins to thicken. Stir in half of the lime zest.
4. Pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base and sprinkle the remaining zest over the top. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the mixture is slightly set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature, then place into the fridge (where it will continue to set). Chill for at least one hour.
5. To serve, cut the pie into slices and serve with a dollop of whipped cream on the side. Garnish with a slice of key lime.
Rate This Recipe