- Serves: 25 biscuits
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 900 g plain flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinches salt
- 500 g unsalted butter, diced
- 400 g caster sugar
- 8 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 eggs
1. Sift the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Add in the butter and sugar and rub in until the butter is absorbed and the mixture has a sandy texture.
3. Mix in the syrup and enough of the beaten egg to make a fairly stiff, smooth dough. Shape the dough into a ball and wrap in cling film. Place the dough in the fridge to firm up for at least 45 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
5. Roll out the dough to 3mm thickness. Cut out biscuits into gingerbread person shapes.
6. Place the gingerbread biscuits on greased, non-stick baking sheets.
7. Bake the biscuits for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
8. Remove the biscuits from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheets.
9. Decorate the biscuits with piped royal icing in skeleton shapes. Store in an airtight container.
Rate This Recipe