- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped (or dried chilli flakes)
- 5 cm ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 450 g Puy lentils
- 1.2 litres vegetable stock
- 200 ml coconut cream
- grated zest and juice of 1 limes
- sausages or pork chops, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add in the onion and fry, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add the chillies, ginger and garlic and fry for a further minute.
2. Stir in the Puy lentils and three-quarters of the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat and simmer for a further 20 minutes or until the lentils are cooked. Add more stock if necessary.
3. Stir in the coconut cream and the zest and juice of the lime and gently heat through.
4. Serve with sausages or pork chops.
Rate This Recipe