- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 rashers back bacon, with rind, smoked or unsmoked
- 100 ml white wine
- 20 chicken oysters
- 1 tbsp clear honey
For the salad
- 1 bunches wild garlic
- 1 white curly endive lettuce
- 1 lamb's lettuce, leaves separated
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring a pan of water to the boil and drop in the bacon rashers. Cook for 3 minutes, until they lighten in colour, drain, and pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. Pour the wine into a separate saucepan and add the chicken oysters. Tightly cover the pan and bring to a simmer. Gently cook the chicken oysters for 5 minutes, remove the pan from the heat, and leave on one side to cool, without removing the lid.
3. Remove the rind from the cooked bacon and discard. Shred the bacon into 3cm strips, and fry in a tablespoon of olive oil until crisp.
4. Lift the cooled chicken oysters out of the pan and trim off any extra fat or skin. Strain the cooking liquor through a fine sieve into another pan. Bring to boil, add the honey, and cook down, over a medium heat, until it becomes a sticky glaze.
5. Return the chicken oysters to the pan and coat with the glaze. Keep warm.
6. Combine the salad leaves with the tomatoes and stir in the oil, vinegar and seasoning. Toss in the bacon pieces.
7. Arrange the salad in centre of a large plate, and place the chicken oysters around. Drizzle over any remaining glaze and serve.
Rate This Recipe