- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the lamb
- 2 boneless lamb, loin fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp honey
For the minted vegetables
- 25 g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200baby g onions
- baby handfuls new potatoes, sliced
- 200baby g carrots
- 4baby leeks
- 175 ml dry white wine
- 300 g peas
- 100 g spinach leaves
- 200 ml crème fraîche
- 3 tbsp chopped mint
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Rub the lamb with salt and pepper and place in a hot, dry pan to sear, turning to ensure an even colour. When the outside of the meat has browned, drain off any surplus fat and place the lamb fillets on a roasting tray.
2. Transfer the lamb to the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, start the vegetables. Place the butter and oil in a large sauté pan and add the onions and potatoes; cook for about 6 minutes. Add the carrots, leeks and white wine and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and allow the mixture to bubble for about 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are nearly cooked.
4. After the lamb has been roasting for 15 minutes, remove it from the oven and baste the meat with honey before returning it to the oven to cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. When the lamb is done, take it from the oven and cover it with foil. Set the meat aside in a warm place to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Add the peas and spinach to the pan of vegetables and cook for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the crème fraîche and mint, then season to taste.
7. Carve the lamb into slices and serve straight away with the spring vegetables.
Rate This Recipe