- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the sauce
- 4 large oranges, juice only, plus zest of 1 orange
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 cm fresh ginger, grated
- splash fish sauce
- splash soy sauce
- pinch demerara sugar
For the pork
- 1 whole pork fillet, (about 400g)
- plain boiled rice
- steamed green vegetables, such as green beans or sugar snap peas
1. For the sauce: gradually mix the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, tasting as you go and adjusting the quantities until you have a nicely flavoured sauce.
2. Pour the sauce into a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat, bring to the boil and boil for 3-4 minutes until reduced slightly.
3. For the pork: carefully add the pork fillet to the sauce and leave undisturbed for about 3 minutes, then turn the pork and cook for about 3 minutes on the other side.
4. Baste the pork with the sauce and cook for another 15-20 minutes, basting regularly, until the meat is cooked through and the sauce has reduced to a sticky glaze, adding a splash more orange juice if the sauce becomes too dry.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside to rest for a few minutes before carving the pork into slices. Serve the glazed pork with rice and green vegetables.
Rate This Recipe