- Serves: 12 muffins or 6 extra large muffins
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 200 g Doves Farm Gluten self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 200 g caster sugar
- 120 g butter replacement, try Pure Sunflower Spread spread
- 2 tbsp Organ egg replacer whisked together with 4 tbsp water
- 125 ml rice milk
1. Preheat the oven to 150C/130C fan/gas 2. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. Add the flour, cocoa butter and caster sugar to a large mixing bowl and stir until combined. Cut the butter replacement into cubes and then add to the flour mixture. Rub together with your fingertips until you have a breadcrumb like consistency.
3. Pour over the egg replacer and rice milk and beat together until smooth and glossy. Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, levelling the tops and leaving a little room at the top for each muffin to rise.
4. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until risen and fragrant. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool before serving.
Rate This Recipe