- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus resting
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 150 g mushrooms, sliced if large
- 50 g butter
- 100 g gluten free plain white flour
- 1/3 tbsp water
- 2-3 eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Gently heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the garlic. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for a few minutes.
2. Using a fork, mash the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs (or rub it in using your fingertips). Stir in just enough water and quickly bring the pastry together into a ball of dough. Add a few more drops of water if this does not happen easily. It should be a little sticky.
3. Wrap the dough in cling film and rest for 15 minutes.
4. When rested, put the pastry onto a floured surface and roll out to fit a 20cm round baking dish. Alternatively, simply press the pastry into the baking dish using your fingers. Cut away any pastry that hangs over the edge of your dish.
5. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a little slat and pepper then stir in the cooked garlic mushrooms. Pour the mixture into the pastry case and bake for 30-35 minutes.
Recipe provided by Doves Farm
Rate This Recipe