- Serves: Makes 1 23 cm pizza
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 20 minutes rising time
- Effort: easy
- ½ aubergines, cubed
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small courgette, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6 tbsp olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 3 tbsp milk, warm
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 225 g gluten-free white bread flour
- 1 tsp fast-action dried yeast
- 75 g mozzarella, drained and cubed
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas mark 6. Toss the aubergine, red pepper, courgette and garlic in 4 tablespoons of the olive oil and roast on a roasting tray in the oven for 1520 minutes, or until they are beginning to soften.
2. While the vegetables are roasting, make the batter. Whisk 3 tablespoons of warm water with the milk, lemon juice, remaining olive oil, egg and ½ teaspoon of salt together. Beat in the flour and yeast and mix until well combined. Pour into an oiled pizza pan, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for about 20 minutes or until puffy.
3. Bake the pizza base in the oven for 10 minutes to set the dough, then quickly remove from the oven and scatter with the roasted vegetables and mozzarella. Season well, drizzle with olive oil and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes until the vegetables are sizzling and the pizza has slightly shrunk from the edges. Cut into wedges and serve hot.
Looking for more recipes? Check our wheat-free recipes.
Rate This Recipe