- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus resting
- Effort: easy
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tsp English mustard, made by mixing together 3 tsp of mustard flour with 3 tsp of water
- 500 g pork tenderloin
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eating apples, peeled and cut into halves, 1 cm thick
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into rounds, 1 cm thick
- large sprig rosemary
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Prepare the marinade for the pork by mixing together the crushed garlic and mustard. Rub the mustard and garlic all over the outside of the meat, season well and then sprinkle over the demerara sugar. Leave the pork to rest while you prepare the potatoes and apples.
2. Pour the olive oil into a large oven proof dish and then place the apples in the dish and lay the potatoes on top. Season well with salt and black pepper and place the potatoes and apple in the oven. Roast for 45 minutes, shaking the dish every now and then in order to stop the potatoes catching.
3. Remove from the oven and place the pork tenderloin on top of the potatoes, then scatter the rosemary leaves over the meat. Return the dish to the oven and roast for 25 30 minutes or until the meat is cooked through and tender. Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover in foil. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Recipe supplied by The Intolerant Gourmet
Rate This Recipe