- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 440 g butter, melted
- 440 g caster sugar
- 440 gluten free self-raising flour
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- butter cream
- raspberry jam
Tips and Suggestions
1. Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 6. Grease and line a deep 8 tin or split between two shallow 8 tines.
2. Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and combine until it forms a thick batter. This is easiest done with an electric whisk or with an electric food mixer. You can
also do it by hand with some a big wooden spoon and lots of elbow grease.
3. Pour the batter into the lined tin(s) and bake for around 1 hour and 30 minutes for the deep one or 45 mins if split into two. Its done when a skewer comes out clean and its springy to touch.
4. Let to cool in the tin for around ten minutes and then turn out on a wire rack to cool fully. Once cooled you can slice and fill with your favourite fillings.
Recipe supplied by Especially Delicious
Rate This Recipe