- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus cooling time
- Effort: medium
- 4 egg yolks
- 30 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, grated peel only
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 75 g rice or potato flour
- 600 ml milk
- butter, for greasing
For the Honey and Marsala sauce
- 100 ml marsala
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 15 g butter
1. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy.
2. Stir in the lemon peel and vanilla essence.
3. Gradually add the flour and milk and mix until smooth.
4. Pour the gnocchi mixture into a saucepan and cook over a low heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture has thickened and is quite firm.
5. Ease the mixture out of the pan and spread it out to about 1-2cm thick on a marble, wooden or non-stick surface and leave it to cool.
6. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4 and grease a baking tray with a little butter.
7. Cut or pinch the cooled dough into whatever small shapes you like, such as circles or diamonds, and put them onto the prepared tray. Bake in the oven until the tops are beginning to turn brown.
8. For the Honey and Marsala sauce: combine the Marsala, honey and butter in a saucepan and heat gently until melted and thoroughly mixed.
9. To serve, pour the Honey and Marsala sauce over the warm gnocchi.
Rate This Recipe