- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 kg floury potatoes, such as King Edwards or Maris Piperscrubbed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g parmigiano reggiano, finely grated
- 150 g fontina cheese, thinly sliced
- 100 g gorgonzola cheese, cubed
- 100 g gruyère cheese, ubed or grated
- 300 ml single cream
- butter, for greasing
1. Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water until soft, drain and peel quickly.
2. Press the potatoes through a potato ricer twice and blend in the eggs and flour.
3. Make a soft dough with your hands, then roll it all into long cylinders about thumb thickness. Cut into sections and form into small concave gnocchi shapes, pressing them against the back of a fork.
4. Leave the gnocchi spread out on large board until required.
5. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil, drop in the gnocchi and allow them to cook until they float on the surface. Scoop them out with a slotted spoon and arrange them in a well-buttered ovenproof dish. You need about 12 gnocchi per person.
6. Heat the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Cover the gnocchi with all the cheeses, and then pour over the cream. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe