- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 290 g parmigiano reggiano, finely grated, plus extra for sprinkling
- 125 g plain flour
- 1 egg
1. Heat half the extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan. Add the butternut squash, salt and pepper and sauté until the butternut squash is fork tender. Transfer the squash mixture to a bowl. With the back of a fork mash until the squash is an even texture. Let cool.
2. Add the ricotta cheese, parmigiano cheese, flour and an egg. Mix thoroughly until the mixture becomes a soft dough. You may need to add more flour if the mixture is too moist.
3. With your hands scoop enough of the mixture to roll into the size of golf balls. Repeat until mixture is consumed.
4. Place the gnudi balls in a pot of boiling salted water for about a minute or until they float to the surface. Drain and plate.
5. Drizzle with the remaining extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with parmigiano cheese.
Rate This Recipe