- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 1kg chicken
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 large bunches coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 large bunches mint, roughly chopped
- 12 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2.5 cm piece ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 6 cloves
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 limes, juice only
- 5 green chillies, seeds removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Cut the chicken into four pieces across the backbone and across its width. Using a sharp knife, make a 2-3 slits over each piece, sprinkle over a little salt and the turmeric and set aside.
2. Put all the remaining ingredients, except the vegetable oil, in a food processor and blitz to a fine paste. Spread this over the chicken pieces, rubbing it into the gashes, cover and leave in the fridge to marinade for at least 4 hours.
3. Heat the oil on a hot plate or griddle, over a high heat. Cook the chicken for 2 minutes on all sides to brown, then lower the heat and cook for another 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Rate This Recipe