- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 small dried chillies, crumbled
- 50 ml water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cm piece ginger, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, cut into 2cm cubes
- 500 g monkfish, cut into 2cm cubes
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice only
- small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
1. Place the salt, turmeric, cumin, chilli powder and crumbled chillies in a small bowl, and add the water. Mix to a slack paste.
2. Heat a large frying pan until hot and add the vegetable oil.
3. Stir in the ginger, garlic and red peppers, and stir-fry for 5 minutes - until the peppers have softened and just begun to colour.
4. Add the pineapple, and cook for a further minute.
5. Spoon in the spice mix and continue frying for 1 more minute.
6. Add the monkfish and pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes until the monkfish is cooked through.
7. Stir in the lime juice and serve straight away, scattered with coriander leaves.
Rate This Recipe