- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tsp olive oil, or sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1½ tsp coriander
- 800 ml coconut milk
- 2 tsp tamarind concentrate
- 3 small chicken stock cubes
- 4 tsp caster sugar
- 750 g raw king prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 2 hot green chillies, sliced lengthways
1. Pour the oil into a large non-stick pan or wok about 25cm in diameter and set it over a medium heat.
2. Add the onion and brown for about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and fry for a further 3 minutes, then tip in the cumin, chilli powder, coriander and half a teaspoon of salt.
3. Reduce the heat and mix well for 1 minute. Pour in the coconut milk and spoon in the tamarind concentrate, then crumble in the stock cubes and add the sugar.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Reduce the sauce until it is thick. Mix in the prawns and chillies and cook for 2-3 minutes until the prawns are just opaque and cooked through, then serve.
Rate This Recipe