- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 shoulder of goat meat, cut into 5 pieces
- 250 g chickpea or gram flour
- 100 ml olive oil
- 10 small shallots, peeled
- 250 g jerusalem artichokes, peeled and cut in half lengthways
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 sticks celery
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 bunch rosemary
- 125 g green olives, pitted
- 125 g black olives, pitted
- 150 g dates, pitted and sliced
- 700 ml chicken stock
1. Dust the goat/kid meat with chickpea flour.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Quickly brown the meat on all sides until browned, then remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the shallots to the pan and cook gently until lightly coloured for 2 minutes. Add the Jerusalem artichokes, garlic, chilli and celery. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Mix the tomatoes with the salt and sugar, and add to the pan with the rosemary sprigs.
5. Place the pieces of browned goat over the ingredients in the pan and add the olives and dates. Cook for 1-2 minutes, and then add the chicken stock. Cover with foil and cook over a low heat for 50 minutes until the goat is tender.
6. Serve with couscous.
Rate This Recipe