- Serves: 4-8 as an accompaniment
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus overnight chilling
- Effort: easy
- 1 flat Italian bread, or chunk of focaccia
- 1 aubergine
- 4 courgettes, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red, yellow and green peppers, quartered and deseeded
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g goats' cheese
- 100 ml whipping cream
- 1/2 bunch of dill, finely chopped
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the loaf twice lengthways to produce three layers. Set aside.
2. Toss the vegetables in the balsamic vinegar, honey and olive oil and grill or barbecue on high heat for 2 minutes each side.
3. In a food processor, blitz the goats' cheese with the cream, dill and seasoning until smooth.
4. Arrange the vegetables over the bottom layer of bread and press the middle layer on top. Spread the cheese mixture over the middle layer and press the top layer down on this. Wrap tightly in cling film and refrigerate. Serve the following day (remove from the fridge half an hour before serving).
Rate This Recipe