- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 350 g puff pastry
- 2 small goats' cheese, halved
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 8 small tomatoes, on the vine
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 225 g fresh spinach
- 1 tsp thyme, leaves only
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 small bunch wild rocket
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 7.
2. Roll out the puff pastry to a 30cm wide circle, 1/2cm thick. Place the pastry circle on a greased baking sheet.
3. Press down onto the pastry circle with a large pan lid, forming a 1cm border (like a vol-au-vent).
4. Bake the puff pastry circle for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, place the goats' cheese in a baking dish, drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and bake alongside the pastry for 4 minutes.
6. Place the vine tomatoes in a baking dish, drizzle with the remaining olive oil and bake alongside the cheese for 4 minutes.
7. Remove the roast tomatoes from the oven and drizzle again with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with thyme.
8. Wilt the spinach in a frying pan and cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
9. Place the pastry circle on a warm serving plate. Spoon the spinach over the pastry disc and top with the goats' cheese and tomatoes. Sprinkle with the rocket and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe