- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the dressing
- 200 g basil
- 75 g smoked almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- 100 g parmesan
- 100 ml olive oil
For the cheese fondant
- 200 g soft goats' cheese
- 150 g plain flour, seasoned for coating
- 250 g flaked almonds
- rapeseed or groundnut oil, to deep fry
- mixed salad leaves
- chopped gherkins, dressed in olive oil
Tips and Suggestions
If you have any of the dressing left over, store in the fridge, use it up with pasta or toss with cooked chicken for a salad.
1. For the dressing: put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend well together. If
necessary, thin with a little warm water to give a dressing consistency.
2. For the cheese fondant: divide the goats' cheese into 4 pieces and roll into balls. Roll
each ball in the flour, then in the almonds, it doesn't matter if the almonds break a bit. Repeat to
double crumb them. Heat the oil in a wok or large, heavy saucepan to 180C. Use a thermometer to
check the temperature. Lower in each fondant and fry for about 4 - 6 minutes, or until golden and
crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
3. Serve the cheese fondants on a bed of salad leaves, scatter the chopped gherkins around and
spoon on a drizzle of the dressing.
Rate This Recipe