- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 400 g puff pastry
- 2 cooking apples
- 2 pears
- 2 limes, juice of
- 225 g goats' cheese, (log-shaped Chevre)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°/Gas 4. Roll out the puff pastry to a rectangle slightly larger than a sheet of A4 paper. Place on a greased baking sheet, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Peel, core and finely slice the apples and pears. Toss with half the lime juice. Using a hot, wet sharp knife cut the Chevre into half lengthwise. Finely slice the Chevre into thin, half-moon shaped slices.
3. Beat together the egg white and the milk. Take the puff pastry rectangle. Using the egg white mixture, brush around the edges of the rectangle.
4. Place alternate slices of apple and pear in neat lines across the rectangle, leaving a 2 cm gap of pastry around the edge. Place the Chevre slices so that they overlap with the fruit slices.
5. Bake the fruit crostata for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp, the fruit is golden and the goats' cheese has browned.
6. Meanwhile, using a mortar and pestle grind together the chilli and sugar to form a paste. Mix in the remaining lime juice, olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper and mix together well.
7. Once the crostata is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle over the chilli lime dressing and serve.
Rate This Recipe