- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
For the stuffing
- 2 slices semi-soft log goats' cheese, rind removed
- 10 button mushrooms, lightly fried, cooled and chopped
- 2 tbsp peas, blanched
- 1 tbsp broad beans, blanched and peeled
- 10 green beans, blanched and cut into 1cm lengths
For the red pepper salsa
- 100 g black or purple olives, stones removed and roughly chopped
- 100 g mixed red and yellow grilled peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- 100 g sun-blushed tomatoes
- 100 g preserved, char-grilled cippolini onions, halved or quartered
- 1-2 sprigs basil, leaves picked
- olive oil, for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Using a plate or similar as a template, cut a circle 11cm in diameter from one sheet of puff pastry and a 16cm-diameter circle from the other sheet.
2. For the stuffing: crumble the goats cheese into a bowl and stir in the chopped mushrooms. Add the peas, broad beans and green beans and mix well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Roll the stuffing mixture into a ball and place in the centre of the smaller round of pastry. Brush the exposed edge of the pastry with beaten egg, then lay the larger pastry circle over the top and seal, crimping the edges together.
4. Brush the pastry all over with the remaining beaten egg and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden-brown all over.
5. For the red pepper salsa: mix all the ingredients together adding plenty of olive oil and serve alongside the cooked pithivier.
Rate This Recipe