- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salad
- 150 g pata negra or serrano ham, or prosciutto
- 3 persimon, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 150 g soft, mild goats' cheese, or mozarella or ricotta
- 12 mint leaves
- 12 leaves flat-leaf parsley
- 2 heads chicory, cut into 1cm pieces
For the dressing
- ½ lemons
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Tips and Suggestions
Persimons, which are in season from early October through to December, are a little reminiscent of mangos or peaches. You can eat them whole, with their skin, or peeled. When they turn soft, it's easiest to halve them and scoop out the juicy flesh with a spoon.
1. To make the dressing, whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Dress the chicory, mint and parsley leaves with half the
dressing. Lightly toss and arrange on serving plates.
2. Alternate the persimon, jamòn and cheese over the salad. Spoon over the remaining dressing and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe