- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp pine kernels
- 75 g currants
- 55 ml balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, approximate quantity
- 3 tbsp finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 dried chilli
- 1/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1/2 sprigs rosemary
- 275 g French goats' cheese
- 4 slices pecan and raisin bread
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Spread the pine nuts on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the currants and balsamic vinegar, and cook over a low heat about 3-4 minutes, until the currants are softened and have plumped up. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil in a small frying pan. Cook the onion, garlic, chilli, salt, and rosemary about 5 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Remove from the heat, combine with the currant mixture. Stir in the pine nuts and leave on one side to cool.
4. To assemble the sandwich, spread a layer of goats' cheese over each slice of bread. Cut each slice in half on the diagonal, and place on serving plates. Spoon a tablespoon of the currant-pine-nut mixture over each half. Drizzle with a little remaining olive oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe