- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 250 g goats' cheese
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tsp leaves rosemary, chopped
- 150 ml olive oil
- 12 slices pancetta
- 2 butternut squash, seeds removed and cubed
- 500 g trompette, girolles, cepes and chestnut mushrooms
- 12 shallots
- 250 g rocket
- 2 tbsp aged white wine vinegar, e.g. sherry, balsamic or cabernet sauvignon
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
2. Remove the fillets from the chicken breasts. Cut a pocket in the breasts and flatten the fillets between cling film. Set aside
3. Mix the goats' cheese with the honey, chilli, rosemary, half the olive oil and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Stuff the pockets of chicken with the cheese mixture and reshape the chicken breasts using the flattened fillets to make up the extra room required.
5. Wrap each breast in 3 slices of pancetta to seal. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
6. Toss the squash, mushrooms and shallots together with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
7. Tip into a baking tray and lay the chicken on top.
8. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
9. To serve, remove the chicken breasts and slice in half on the bias.
10. Mix the rocket into the hot squash and mushrooms to wilt.
11. To serve; divide the rocket mixture between 4 serving plates, top with the chicken and finish with a drizzle of aged wine vinegar.
12. Garnish with seeded croutons
Rate This Recipe