- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- sunflower oil, for deep-frying
- 450 g skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 300 ml milk
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 100 ml mayonnaise
Tips and Suggestions
Substitute the sesame seeds with one of the following: 1 tsp curry powder or 1 tsp smoked paprika or 1 tbsp finely chopped herbs, such as parsley, chives or thyme.
1. Heat a deep-fat fryer filled with sunflower oil to 170°C. Alternatively, pour the oil into a large saucepan to a depth of 2cm and bring to the same temperature on the hob (checking with a sugar thermometer).
2. Cut the chicken into strips each about the size of a big finger, to give goujon shapes. Pour the milk into a small bowl. Mix the flour in another bowl with the sesame seeds and season well with salt and pepper.
3. Working in batches to ensure they dont stick together, dip the chicken pieces in the milk and then in the flour to coat. Shake off any excess flour and deep-fry for 45 minutes or until crisp, golden and cooked through. Drain well on kitchen paper.
4. Serve the goujons with your choice mayonnaise on the side for dipping into.
Apdapted from Rachel Allen Home Cooking (Collins)
Rate This Recipe