- Serves: Makes 16
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 600 g dark chocolate, (minimum 60% cocoa solids) chopped
- 250 g butter
- 6 eggs
- 400 g caster sugar
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 60 ml strong coffee
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Line a 25cm square tin with non-stick baking paper.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
4. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and creamy. Pour in the chocolate mixture and sift in the flour.
5. Stir gently but thoroughly until combined then stir in the vanilla and coffee.
6. Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for about 20-30 minutes until firm - the centre should still be a little soft to the touch.
et at room temperature (do not put it in the fridge).
7. Once set, cut the fudge into small squares and store in a sealed container.
Looking for more inspiration? Have a look at our Best ever fudge recipes.
Rate This Recipe