- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 1.3333333333333333 hours 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 400 g minced pork
- liver from the goose, finely chopped
- 250 g pancetta, 25g finely chopped, 125g sliced
- 150 g breadcrumbs, oaked in milk
- 3 clove garlic, liced
- sprig of rosemary, thinly chopped
- pinch of thyme, leaves only
- black pepper
- 1 goose, cleaned, plucked and boned
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, oarsely chopped
- 3 carrots, oarsely chopped
- 2 potatoes, oarsely chopped
- 3 parsnips, oarsely chopped
- 3 turnips, oarsely chopped
- 1/2 celeriac
- 150 ml white wine
- finely chopped parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
2. In a large bowl, combine the minced pork, liver, chopped pancetta, breadcrumbs, garlic, rosemary, and thyme. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, and mix well. Set aside.
3. Season the goose inside and out with salt and freshly ground pepper and stuff with the liver mixture. Tuck in the shorter sides in and roll, wrap the goose with the sliced pancetta, and tie the goose into a parcel with butcher's twine.
4. Place the olive oil in a large roasting tray. Heat the tray over medium-high heat on the hob. Add in the onion, carrot, potato, turnip and celeriac, mixing well.
5. Add in the pancetta-wrapped goose and brown on all sides.
6. Transfer the roasting tray and its contents to the oven, roast for 10 minutes, and then pour over the wine.
7. Cook in the oven until the goose is golden brown and the stuffing is completely cooked through, about 1 hour.
8. Serve hot in slices with the roast root vegetables and a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
Rate This Recipe