- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g gooseberries
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 65-85 g caster sugar
- 284 ml double cream
- Jules Destrooper Almond Thins or sponge fingers, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
the secret of a perfect fool is to whip the cream and stir it in as close to serving as possible.
1. In a covered pan, cook the gooseberries with 1-2 tablespoons of water until soft.
2. Pass the cooked gooseberries through a mouli or sieve, to puree them. Stir in the cordial and taste for sweetness. Add the sugar as needed.
3. Half an hour before serving, whip the cream until stiff, but not rigid. Fold the cream into the puree, and then chill until needed.
4. Serve the fool with almond thins or sponge fingers.
Rate This Recipe