- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 450 g gooseberries, topped and tailed
- 150 g caster sugar
- 225 g strawberries
- 8 thin slices white bread, hand cut from a good but stale loaf
- 300 ml double cream
- 2 tbsp elderflower cordial, to taste
1. Place the gooseberries in a pan with the sugar and simmer until soft.
2. Cut the strawberries into four. Add to the cooled gooseberries.
3. Trim the crusts from the bread. Arrange the bread to cover the bottom and the sides of a pudding basin. Let the slices overlap a little. Keep one slice aside for the top.
4. Pour the fruit into the basin until it reaches the top. Cover with the last slice of bread and then with a plate. Place a heavy weight on top and leave for 24 hours in a cool place.
5. To make the elderflower cream, whip the cream lightly and add the elderflower cordial to taste.
6. To serve, turn the pudding out, decorate with a few strawberries and serve with a dollop of elderflower cream.
Rate This Recipe