- Serves: 8 slices
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus up to 1 hr chilling
- Effort: easy
- 225 g digestive biscuits
- 150 g butter, melted
- 1 kg gooseberries
- 180 g sugar
- 100 ml water
- 300 ml double cream
- 500 g cream cheese
- sachet of powdered gelatine
1. Place the digestives in a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs. Add the melted butter and blend again until thoroughly mixed.
2. Press the mixture firmly into a greased or non-stick 20cm loose-based cake tin.
3. Place the gooseberries in a saucepan with two tablespoons of the sugar and the water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 3-5 minutes until the gooseberries soften and turn lighter in colour.
4. Strain the gooseberries and set aside to cool.
5. In a large bowl whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the remaining sugar, then the cream cheese. Mix in the gelatine.
6. Fold half of the gooseberries into the cream cheese mixture, mixing well.
7. Spread the gooseberry mixture evenly over the biscuit base. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to an hour, until set.
8. Sprinkle over the remaining gooseberries and serve.
Rate This Recipe