- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g gooseberries
- 4 tbsp water
- 50 g sugar
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 50 g butter
- 150 ml milk
1. Place the gooseberries in a saucepan with the water and the sugar. Cook them until they are just tender, without letting them lose their colour.
2. Place the gooseberries in a shallow ovenproof dish and allow to cool.
3. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
3. Put the flour and butter in a food processor and mix them till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Alternately, place the flour in a mixing bowl and rub in the butter with your fingertips.
4. Add the milk to the flour mixture. Mix together until you have a loose, slightly sticky dough. Pat the dough out on a floured surface to around 1cm thickness. Using a 5cm circular cutter, cut out eight or ten rounds.
5. Place the dough rounds on top of the gooseberries. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm from the oven.
Rate This Recipe